Tastefully Built Up 2016 Tacoma by @Augustine_Sharpe
Tell Us About YourselfMy name is Austin, and I'm 24 years old. I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado but recently moved to Northern California. I love spending my free time with the boys and my girlfriend doing anything outdoors, fishing, hiking, wheeling, camping, boating and much more. My off-road passion started when I got my first truck, a 2001 Toyota 4Runner. I quickly built it and within a month I was climbing rocks and driving through any trail I could. After some rough times and the selling of my 4Runner I got a 2007 FJ Cruiser. Again, I built it up and explored and wheeled it as much as possible. When i got word that a good friend of mine was selling their 2016 Tacoma I couldn't resist the urge to get the keys in my hand. Upon purchasing the Tacoma I quickly posted and sold the FJ so i could start the build of my 3rd truck. Within the last year my girlfriend and I have driven to 25 states, gone coast to coast, been to 18 National Parks, met some of the coolest people, and driven thousands and thousands of miles off-road. I'm always looking forward to the next adventure.
What make, model and year is your vehicle?
2016 Toyota Tacoma
Why did you choose this vehicle over others?
I chose the Tacoma because coming from an FJ Cruiser I wanted more cab room, 4 doors, a truck bed for extra storage but still be able to maintain the ability to go off-roading.
What's your favorite mod?
What do you use your vehicle for?
Right now it's a daily and weekend warrior. I love being able to blast up a trail on a Friday after work and set up camp!
Do you have any future mods?
Within the next year I plan to re-gear the truck to 5.29s with the potential of a front locker, finish up all the auxiliary lights, properly fit the 35s and would like to add a wedge system camper shell.
What's your favorite accessory?
It would have to be the Expedition Essentials Accessory Mount or the Baja Design lights.
Any advice for the Tacoma Lifestyle community?
I don't have anything to really say. You guys are killing it and I've loved watching the pages grow and you guys grow as a company.
What's your Instagram handle?
- Dobinson MRR Coilovers with Reservoir
- Dobinson MRR Rear Shock with Reservoir
- Dobinson Super HD Rear Leafs
- Dobinson Snorkel
- Dobinson Drawer System
- Timbren Industries Front and Rear Bumpstops
- Total Chaos Uniball Upper Control Arms
- Total Chaos Stock Length Lower Control Arms
- Total Chaos Spindle Gusset
- Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners
- 5 Stealth Custom Series F5's (17x9 -38)
- 5 Firestone MT2s (35/12.50/17)
- C4 Fabrication Hybrid Front Bumper
- C4 Fabrication High Clearance Rear Swingout Bumper
- C4 Fabrication Top Plated Sliders with Kick-out
- Sherpa Equipment Co. Grand Teton Roof Rack
- Leer 100RCC Camper Shell (winter use)
- RCI Off-Road Bed Rack (for summer use)
- Smittybilt Medium Roof Top Tent
- Smittybilt 10k Synthetic Line Winch
- Dometic CFX40 Fridge
- Dual Battery System
- x4 Baja Design Squadron Sports
- x2 Baja Design Squadron Pros
- x2 Rotopax Gas Cans (2 & 4 Gallon)
- Expedition Essentials Accessory Mount
- Tons more little mods here and there